CAMPUS INCIDENTS - Feb. 13-27
These are a selection of incidents reported by the Campus Safety Department:
- A DVD player was stolen from Engineering. Approximate value is $80. There are no suspects.
- A backpack containing a wallet with ID, credit cards, $40 cash and a laptop computer was stolen from the library at Lutheran Seminary. There is a description of a possible suspect.
- There were two thefts from unlocked lockers in the Physical Activity Complex (PAC).
- A Sask Abilities parking placard was seized for misuse and the driver was issued a fine.
- There was a two-vehicle accident in V-Lot. No injuries.
- A bicycle was reported stolen from the racks at Engineering.
- A set of balance scales was stolen from an unlocked room.
- A bicycle sustained damage while locked to the Thorvaldson bike racks. Someone bent the back tire and removed the chain. There are no suspects.
- There was a minor motor vehicle accident in A-Lot. While trying to manoeuvre a corner, a vehicle slid into another vehicle.
- Custodial staff reported several incidents of graffiti in the Arts building. Digital photographs were taken and cleanup has begun. Custodial staff also reported graffiti in the MUB and Louis'. Saskatoon police are dealing with this matter. Video surveillance tapes from Louis are being reviewed for investigative purposes.
- A homemade aquarium built by a group of Engineering students blocking an entrance to the Agriculture student lounge leaked overnight causing water damage to a portion of the east wall of the North 40 shop. There is no monetary damage estimate available at this time.
- A driver on campus was issued a 24-hour suspension for an alcohol violation and was charged for failing to obey a stop sign.
- A vehicle was towed for displaying fraudulent parking decals. Charges are pending.
For more information, contact
Home · About Us · Issue Dates · Submissions · Ad Information · Back Issues · OCN Policies · Search OCN