IN THIS PUBLICATION:
Updates on the U of S Web
By Corinne Szwydky
- In January 2000, there were 16.6 million hits on the Universitys eight main servers. Currently, the campus-wide information system (CWIS) is comprised of almost 55,000 pages on 60 servers. Archived statistical information is available on-line at
. Web usage reports are available to all campus departments with sites housed on the WWW server. If you are interested in a customized report for your area, please contact
- The central webmasters for the U of S web site respond to approximately 150 - 200 queries per month. They are in the process of addressing several web-related issues, including the effectiveness of the existing campus maps, the consistency of logo/icon usage, and the implementation of campus web guidelines.
- Campus units have an opportunity to showcase their events and/or web sites on the U of S home page via the "Upcoming Activities" list and "Site of the Week" feature. Further instructions regarding submission of this information are available on the home page at
. Campus units wishing to promote internal services and resources are encouraged to submit URLs to the Services directory at
. This information is indexed by a custom search engine developed by the webmasters, as well as Harvest (the main campus search engine).
- The Information Providers Group meets monthly to discuss web-related issues and activities. The group, established in 1996, communicates regularly via the Web-IP mailing list. Further information is available at
. Additional web-related resources are available to web developers on campus, including but not limited to seminars, presentations, courses, audio broadcasts, and on-line documentation. A partial list of these resources is available in the Web Project site at
- The latest additions to the CWIS include:
Department of Veterinary Pathology
This site provides information on academic programs, publications, seminars, and related links, as well as current faculty, staff and students.
Access to Quality: Financial Aid and Beyond
This document outlines the Universitys response to a recent provincial government initiative.
Office of the Vice-President (Finance & Resources)
This site provides information about the vice president, the office staff, and organizational structure.
University of Saskatchewan Awards
This site outlines biographical information on recipients of the Master Teacher Award, the Distinguished Researcher Award, the Presidents Service Award, and the J.W. George Ivany Internationalization Award.
- For more information, please contact
The central webmasters welcome comments and suggestions regarding the Universitys main pages, and provide web-related assistance on request.
On Campus News is published by the Office of
Communications, University of Saskatchewan.
For further information,
visit the web site or contact firstname.lastname@example.org