IN THIS PUBLICATION:
NOTES FROM HRD
- Pre-Retirement Planning ... You are never too young to start planning your retirement. It is important to be aware of some of the trends that affect our attitudes to retirement now and in the future. Organization & Employee Development is pleased to present a series of four half-day workshops on Pre-Retirement Planning. The workshops are free to all University employees and will be led by a group of experts from a variety of areas. Session 1 - Financial Workshop for Individual Investors; Session 2 - Wills & Estates; Session 3 - CPP & Old Age Benefits - Tax Implications of Retirement; and Session 4 - Being Healthy, Staying Healthy. Sessions 1 & 2 take place February 8; Sessions 3 & 4 on February 15. To register, complete the form in the 1999/2000 Partners in Learning Program Calendar and return to Barbara Meier (or call Barbara at 966-6272).
- Posting delays ... Some departments have experienced delays in posting new CUPE 1975 or ASPA positions. This is the result of a process being followed to seek consensus with the unions before determining which bargaining unit a new position falls in. In the event the unions do not agree, there is a procedure for an independent party to make the decision. This process applies to new positions but not to vacancies that are being refilled, unless there has been a significant change in job duties. HRD is trying to reduce the delays, but ask for your patience in the event your unit has a new position to fill. For more information, call Joan Llewellyn at 966-6638.
- The New Year is a perfect time to reflect on what your needs and interests are in workplace learning. What are your short-term learning requirements?
What are the goals you might set for the next five years in the areas of personal and professional development? Start with your dreams! Sit down with your supervisor and talk about a development plan - and if you are a supervisor, what advice, encouragement and other support can you offer to enhance the learning of employees in your department or unit? There are a variety of learning resources on campus. Find out about them by consulting:
- the Learning Directory web site at
- The Gateway to Learning section at the back of the Partners in Learning program calendar
- Call Naomi Frankel, Co-ordinator of Learning Programs, 966-4881.
Cut off reminder ... the next payroll cutoffs to HRD are as follows:|
|Cutoff to HRD|
at 4:00 p.m.
On Campus News is published by the Office of
Communications, University of Saskatchewan.
For further information,
visit the web site or contact firstname.lastname@example.org