“This alliance will forge stronger connections between our institutions and advance the internationalization of higher education in our province,” said Peter Stoicheff, U of S president and vice-chancellor. “It will build upon the longstanding connections we already have and foster relationships with our international communities, while extending Saskatchewan’s post-secondary reach around the globe, proving that we are always stronger together.”
The alliance will work to:
- enhance recognition of Saskatchewan as a high-quality education destination for international students;
- create a recognizable Saskatchewan education brand;
- increase awareness of Saskatchewan post-secondary programs;
- highlight the research, and scholarly and artistic work of Saskatchewan institutions; and
- establish and foster relations, and partnerships with governments, institutions, and funding agencies abroad.
“This agreement recognizes the mutual interests our organizations have in supporting the internationalization of higher education in the province,” said University of Regina President and Vice-Chancello Vianne Timmons. “International students and scholars bring diversity and expose our students to broader ways of knowing and helps in our understanding of issues locally and globally, something all higher education institutions should strive for.”
“Saskatchewan Polytechnic is proud to join the University of Regina and the University of Saskatchewan in the formation of the Sask Alliance,”said Larry Rosia, president and CEO of Saskatchewan Polytechnic. “Each institution brings a unique set of strengths to the alliance that will ultimately lead to greater educational opportunities for international students. I am excited about the opportunities this collaboration will create.”
Engaging in activities such as joint marketing efforts for recruitment, student mobility, and research and development will expand the reach of each organization and create efficiencies.
For more information, contact:
Media Relations Specialist
University of Saskatchewan