To help with the hectic pace of a new academic year, there are many university services that you can access to get the year started on the right foot and to stay your best in the months ahead.
1. Take wellness breaks – wellness.usask.ca is a great resource to find events and workshops focused on all areas of your well-being. Sign up for yoga or other fitness activities, healthy eating workshops, or tap into the many other services that are available to support a positive work-life balance.
2. Use technology – meetings, meetings and more meetings. There’s an easier way. Collaborate and share documents using OneDrive or host virtual meetings with Webex.
OneDrive, made available to all faculty, staff and students is a cloud-based collaboration tool that’s part of the Microsoft Office 365 suite of services. OneDrive is an easy way to access and share your files from any device, at any time with anyone. Learn more about using OneDrive.
Webex meeting centre provides on-demand, real-time web meetings and video conferencing services. Webex allows you to schedule online meetings with multiple attendees or connect one-on-one instantly from your desktop or mobile phone. Begin using Webex at usask.webex.com.
3. Training – LinkedIn Learning purchased Lynda.com and is now the university’s official online training service. Available to all members of the university community, LinkedIn Learning provides an extensive online training library allowing you to learn new skills or complete courses online at your own pace.
4. Attend a Smudge and Share – led by Elder Louise Halfe, the weekly smudges are an opportunity for all members of the university community to come together and prepare for the week ahead.
5. Volunteer or take part in university events – September is packed with back to school activities, but there are other events like Hike, Bike and Roll that provide an excellent opportunity to support organizations across the university community and have a little fun! Visit the university’s event calendar for a complete list of events happening on a monthly basis.