Dyck, the first female First Nations senator and first Canadian born Chinese senator, was one of 13 award recipients at Saskatoon YWCA’s Nutrien 2019 Women of Distinction Awards ceremony on Tuesday at TCU Place.
Several other members of the USask community were honoured during the ceremonies:
- Athletics Award
- Evelyn Nesdole (BAPE’70, BED’71, PGD’84)
- Community Building Award
- Susan Delanoy (former staff)
- Health & Wellness Award
- Della Magnusson (BSN’09)
- Leadership & Professions Award
- Frances Walley (PHD’93; current staff/faculty)
- Research & Technology
- Dr. Kalowatie Deonandan (PhD) (current staff/faculty)
Since 1982, Saskatoon’s Women of Distinction Awards has honoured hundreds of women for their leadership and contributions to our community. The awards program is renowned nationally as one of the most prestigious awards for women. A total of 62 women were nominated this year.