The competition is held at the Delta Bessborough, University of Saskatchewan and TCU Place from October 30 to November 2. The top six teams will present to a panel of judges in the industry:
- Wayne Brownlee, chief financial officer, PotashCorp
- Gerald W. Grandey, former CEO of Cameco Corporation
- Colin Braithwaite, vice-president health, safety and security, K+S Potash Canada
- Derek Meates, partner, energy, and natural resources, KPMG
- Bruce Sprague, partner, EY
- June Verhelst, vice-president construction, Graham Construction
- Mark Fracchia, president PCS Potash, PotashCorp
"The National Mining Competition is on track to being the most successful iteration yet with a now international presence of prestigious universities and top mining schools attending, as well as a panel discussion featuring Canadian mining company magnates at our awards gala," said co-chair internal Chris Chovin.
"We are very excited to once again be hosting this innovative competition in Saskatoon," said Cooper Meadows, co-chair external for the games. "The mining community in Saskatchewan is incredibly supportive of the competition and we really want to showcase the province as a great place to work to the competing students."
The awards gala will be hosted at TCU Place on Nov. 2 at 6 pm, featuring a panel discussion moderated by Pam Schwann, executive director of the Saskatchewan Mining Association.
For further information about the National Mining Competition, please visit www.nmcompetition.com
For more information, contact:
National Mining Competition 2014