Department graduate Kim Coates, a film and television actor known for roles in productions including Sons of Anarchy, Bad Blood, Black Hawk Down and Pearl Harbor, will participate in a live virtual interview during the opening event.
From June 3-19, a series of panel discussions featuring noted alumni will explore the history of the department, which profoundly shaped Saskatchewan’s theatre community and launched the careers of numerous television, film and theatre professionals.
The virtual reunion and celebration will conclude with three Greystone Theatre performances on June 17-19 of Unity (1918), written by Kevin Kerr and directed by Skye Brandon.
See full schedule of events here: https://artsandscience.usask.ca/drama/anniversary/events.php
The following drama department alumni, friends and faculty members are available for media interviews:
- Dwayne Brenna (Bachelor of Arts 1977, Master of Arts 1983)—professor, actor, playwright and author of books including the Department of Drama history Emrys’ Dream: Greystone Theatre in Photographs and Words
- Wanita Singing Bird (Bachelor of Arts 2018)—actor, musician, playwright and one of the first graduates of the Department of Drama’s wîcêhtowin Theatre Program
- Rick Boychuk (Bachelor of Arts 1979)—theatre technician, teacher, historian and inventor
- Moira Day—department head, professor, theatre researcher and writer
- Marion Mills—theatre professional and spouse of Prof. Walter Mills (1924–2014)
- Chrissie Bornstein (Bachelor of Arts 1952)—actor and director
- Glenys Berry (Bachelor of Arts 1967)—actor, director and teacher
- Kathy Allen (Bachelor of Arts 1988)—artist, director, stage manager and teacher
- Carla Orosz (Bachelor of Fine Arts 2004)—professor and theatre designer
For more information, contact:
USask College of Arts and Science