The Huskies handed out the hardware on Friday night at the annual Huskie Salute at TCU Place, with Labach earning two major awards: Mary Ethel Cartwright Trophy for Female Athlete of the Year and the Valerie Girsberger Award for Female All-Around Athlete. An Academic All-Canadian, Labach earned seven medals at the Canada West conference and U Sports national track and field championships this year, while also being named U Sports Track Athlete of the Year.
Meanwhile, Kozun earned the E. Kent Phillips Trophy as Male Athlete of the Year after helping lead the Huskies men’s hockey team to a record-setting first-place season in which Saskatchewan won a team record 25 games. Kozun was named both conference and national goaltender of the year after setting league records for most wins (20), most shutouts (five), consecutive shutouts (three) and consecutive shutout minutes (267:53).
The other major award winners were:
- Patricia Lawson Trophy Female Rookie of the Year – Payton Izsak, soccer
- Howard Nixon Trophy Male Rookie of the Year – Logan Sloan, wrestling
- Rusty MacDonald Cup All-Round Male – Kyle Siemens, football
- Colb McEwon Trophy Coach of the Year – Daniel Olver, wrestling
- Dr. Walter Hader Award Student Trainer of the Year – Brianna Antonichuk, women’s soccer & Melinda Ardagh, women’s basketball.