This fall, 901 students will receive 913 degrees, certificates and diplomas from USask. These graduates join a century-old community of more than 159,000 alumni worldwide whose contributions are helping to shape our world. Both ceremonies will be streamed live.
To media who plan to attend convocation
- Before arriving, please contact Meghan Sired—306-966-6068 (office), 306-381-7992 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking is available directly in front of Merlis Belsher Place for media—pylons will block the available spaces.
- Media may use the open media boxes located to the right of the stage.
- New this year, an honour song will play while the graduates and platform party enter. Honour songs are a First Nations tradition that demonstrate respect for an individual or group in recognition of their accomplishments. The honour song will be performed by drum group Buffalo Boy Productions
- Grit McCreath will be installed as the university’s 16th chancellor
- A number of prestigious awards will be presented at fall convocation, including the Earned Doctor of Science, Honorary Doctor of Laws, Distinguished Researcher Award and Master Teacher Award
- Noteworthy graduating student stories:
For the morning ceremonies, the student procession begins at approximately 9 am, speeches begin at approximately 9:10 am, students begin to walk across the stage to receive their parchments at approximately 9:45 am, and the event ends at approximately 11 am.
For the afternoon ceremony, the student procession begins at 2 pm, speeches at 2:10 pm and students begin to walk across the stage to receive their parchments at 2:30 pm.
CEREMONY 1: Wednesday, Nov. 13, 9 am
- Graduating: Agriculture and Bioresources, Education, Engineering, Kinesiology, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Nutrition, School of Rehabilitation Science, School of Public Health, and Western College of Veterinary Medicine
- Installation of the Chancellor: Grit McCreath
- Master Teacher Award: Patricia Dowling
CEREMONY 2: Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2 pm
- Graduating: Arts and Science, Office of the Provost, Edwards School of Business, Johnson Shoyama School of Public Policy, and School of Environment and Sustainability
- Honorary Doctor of Laws: Jeff Mooney
- Earned Doctor of Science: Graham George
- Distinguished Researcher Award: Nazeem Muhajarine
- Student awards:
- Dean's Medal in Arts and Science: Olenka Kawchuk
- The Goodspeed Award: Brodie Cushway
- President's Medal: Yixing Mars Zhao
- 2019 University Medal in Sciences: Kyle Ivany
- 2019 University Medal in the Fine Arts: Jensine Trondson
- 2019 Rose Litman Medal in Humanities: Tenille Holm
For more information, contact:
University of Saskatchewan